Saturday, February 28, 2009

La La Laurent


Ginger will be on Team Laurent today. I have no trouble with them casting a black man in the role of an olive-toned Frenchman when he looks like that. Especially when he speaks in that kinda French, kinda Caribbean accent. In this case, Artistic License is our friend. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Laurent in New Moon. BEFORE the wolves get him, that is.



Mmm... Yes, if he wasn't so scary in the meadow in New Moon I'd ask him to lay down beside me and recite poetry just to hear his accent. At least if I'm lusting after the vampires in this series I know I'm not breaking any laws, anyway. It's much better than thinking about Jailbait-Jacob.





I hope they show him being shredded to bits! Doesn't do it for me - Now Edi Gathegi on the other hand... very sweet.







There is a part of me - and I don't know how dominant that part might be - that is rootin' for Laurent to win in that fight against Jacob and his pack of dogs.






post signature

8 comments:

Ninja Fanpire said...

I really think that he shouldn't have been that dark. Sure, he's supposed to be darker than most Vampires, but not that much.
I felt the same way about Eric. I hadn't seen him as an Asian in the book, but you know, he seems okay now.
But Laurent just doesn't seem like that's how he'd look.

Anonymous said...

I like Edi as Laurent. Hey, they got to employ actors of all races and I really think Edi pulled it off well. It would be kinda boring if they were all white and pale. I know olive toned doesn't = black, but you got to admit Edi looks dammnnnnn good.

Anonymous said...

I am all for diversity! In fact the Twilight movie kids are way more interesting than they were in the book and Eric was my favorite!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Laurent in New Moon...so excited :D.. I think Edi did a great job, in the movie he got lots of close ups but I was not able to enjoy the character as much I hope in New Moon he really shows his scary side :D I want to be terrified by him in the Medow !!! aggghhh can they start shoting the movie already??? ...sigh...

Ninja Fanpire said...

Hey, I'm all for diversity and equality, and ya, he did do a very good job. I just think he didn't have the right look.

RacheLyn said...

I think Edi did a good job as Laurent! I can't wait to see him in New Moon! I feel just like @twilighttilldawn does, I wish the movie was out already! This wait is killin' me!!

Val said...

How did I miss this post yesterday?
I loved Edi as Laurent! Though they could of made him have short hair like the book, but oh well. At least his wig looked better than Jacob's. I loved his accent!

LeLe said...

Edi is hot!